Monday, August 18, 2014

Review Tour: Warning Track by Meghan Quinn

I didn't think this series could get any better or crazier, but I was wrong! It can and I am happy to get on the train that is all things Hot-Lanta and enjoy the ride!


Warning-Track Cover
Title: Warning Track
Author: Meghan Quinn
Release Date: August 11th, 2014
goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47
 
About Warning Track:
Life is never as it seems and for Molly Meyers, life has been one hell of a roller coaster the past couple of years. When she thinks she finally has a handle on where her future is taking her, she gets a visit from her past which throws her entire life plan up in the air.
The question is can Molly handle the ups and downs this past relationship will bring her? Or does she need to keep the past where it belongs and not only try to save herself, but save her baby girl as well?
The gang is back and this time, no one is left untouched. Pain, confusion, frustration and disappointment are spread through the group as new and exciting adventures are welcomed and unexpected events occur. Catch up with the characters and their lives in Warning Track as the drama continues in the third installment of the Hot-Lanta series.
 
Excerpt:
Molly stared at herself in the mirror. She looked like a completely different person. She’d cut her hair into a bob, just above her shoulders and added some highlights. The bags under her eyes that were starting to look like they might be permanent had slowly started to disappear and her complexion looked healthier. She hadn’t had a drink of alcohol since Jane had practically kicked her ass and she’d replaced cigarettes and drugs with exercise, something Molly had always balked at when Jane suggested it before, but she found running in the morning made her feel more invigorated throughout the day.


She talked to Jim and Marcia, Luke’s parents, and told them about the changes she’d made in her life and the steps she was taking to improve her life. They all decided that splitting time with Winnie during the week, until Molly got her feet fully back on the ground, was the best plan.

Molly got a job with her old school. The new principal, who was a teacher when Molly worked there before, always got along with Molly and when Molly approached her about finding a job, she was instantly offered a position that had just opened up, teaching fifth graders. The timing was perfect and Molly thought Luke must be looking out for her. She used to teach third graders, so she had to brush up on her fifth grade curriculum, but she had a while until the school year started back up in September.

She pretty much had everything back in her life, except for a man.

Review:
★★★★ stars

I've got to say Meghan Quinn knows how to write a phenomenal story.  I often felt like I was on a roller coaster.  None of the characters I thought I knew behaved the way I thought/expected they would and so I was left to turn pages and mentally rant and rave in between laughs and giggles.  Just so you know, the rants and raves were a lot more frequent than the laughs and giggles.

So we had the usual suspects, Brady and Jane, Austin, Molly, Connor, Lucy, Patty, Marc, and  some new faces Margo and Parker.  There were some crazy things happening in this book.  Things out of a daytime soap opera or the tabloids you find along side the checkout aisles at grocery stores.  I will reiterate my position regarding this series being perfect for optioning as a soap opera or prime time drama even.  I could have seriously gotten whiplash from how fast I was reading.  I also cried.  There was more than one moment that touched me.

I want to give Meghan Quinn kudos for tackling an issue that faces our military and the civilian loved ones they come back to.  It's certainly not treated the way it should be and Meghan provides a gritty but real look at what some of heroes deal with everyday.

That being said, I can't wait for Hot-Lanta series book #4.  There HAS to be a book #4.  Meghan is the queen of cliffhangers, so considered yourself warned!  I need to know what happens with everyone.  Right now would be great, but hopefully Meghan is writing it right now and the wait won't be too bad.  I guess it's time to start Meghan's other series and books while I wait!

Purchase Links:  Amazon US  Amazon UK


Don't forget to check out the other books in the The Hot-Lanta series!  The series has been redesigned to make it even hotter!
Check out these beautiful new covers of Caught Looking (Hot-Lanta #1) and Playing The Field (Hot-Lanta #2)


Caught Looking: Amazon
Caught-Looking-Cover

Playing The Field : Amazon
Playing The Field Cover


About Meghan Quinn





meghan quinnWhen I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn’t take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, besides “The Notebook” I made time to read the heartbreaking novel.

It wasn’t until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books, I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven’t turned back since.

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.

I am currently residing in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.

   
Logo2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

About