Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Release Day Blitz: Excerpt and Teasers from Down the Shore by T.Torrest

DownShore_banner













Are you ready to take a trip back to the 90s and the Jersey Shore? I can't tell you how excited I am that this long awaited book is finally available! T. Torrest's book are funny and romantic. They're like chips, you can't read just one! I dare you to read the excerpt and not want to read more!


T. Torrest Down the Shore 4/21/2015
Down The Shore

Blurb:

Livia Chadwick is a photographer by day and a self-proclaimed rock slut by night.

Her dating life is a lackluster parade of evasive jerks and her boss is an unrelenting nightmare of a human being. What else can a girl do but rent a beach house with her girlfriends and blow off a little steam every weekend? But hey, she’s from Jersey. Barhopping down the shore all season is sort of mandatory. All is going according to plan… until she meets Jack.

Jack Tanner is a contractor-turned-musician in a small-town cover band suddenly thrust into the limelight. He’s already had enough of the rock-and-roll lifestyle, and groupies have never been his thing. Then again… there’s a gorgeous brunette in the audience tonight, checking him out with the most incredible green eyes he’s ever seen.

She's looking for a fling.
He's looking for forever.

It’s gonna be one helluva summer.

Set in the summer of 1995,Down the Shoretakes the reader on a tour through some of the Jersey shore’s hottest hot spots over one, sleepless, flannel-clad summer. It’s a look back to a time when the music was groundbreaking, the rock clubs were king, and bar bands ruled the world. Read when you're in the mood for: something light, funny, romantic, beachy, and nostalgic. For ages 18+.

***Not recommended for anyone under the age of 18, and/or any readers who are slut-shamers, guido sympathizers, beach haters or anti-music. Other people who should walk away from this book immediately: Readers who have sticks up their butts regarding offensive language, those who don't like detailed sex in their stories, idiots who think "Jersey Shore" has anything to do with actual New Jerseyans, and anyone who can't appreciate pop-culture from the mother-effing nineties.***

add-to-goodreads-button31

Buy:



Down the Shore  3












































Excerpt


"So, are you going to let me take you out or what?" 
   I roll my eyes, busting his chops when I answer, “Why? It’s not like we’ll ever be having sex.” 
   Jack lets out with an exasperated sigh. “That’s not what I said. I’m not planning to be celibate my whole life, for chrissakes.” 
   “Just while you’re dating me.” 
   “Yes, but not the whole time.” 
   I dismiss him with a wave of my hand. “Jackson, you wouldn’t be able to hold out long enough to tell me no for even one night.” 
   “Wanna bet?” 
   “Wanna lose? Why? Whaddya got for me?” 
   His brows furrow as he thinks. “Okay. It’s not really a bet. More like an arrangement.” I eye him skeptically, watching as he tries to contain an evil grin. “Ten dates. That’s all I ask. Ten dates is enough time for us to decide where we’re going to go from there, if we like each other enough to take things further.” 
   “Further. You mean have sex.” 
   “Yes.” 
   “And you want me to agree not to push the issue in the meantime.” 
   “Yes.” 
   I think on that for a minute. “Can we do other stuff?” 
   “Like what?” 
   “Like kissing and touching and stuff.” 
   He scratches at the tuft of hair on his chin as he considers my question. Most guys look like dicks with chin pubes, but Jack pulls it off without coming across as a soul-patched poser. “Kissing, yes. But let’s just play the other stuff by ear.” 
   “I don’t know. You’re not really being clear about the rules with this proposition, here,” I fire back as I eye him warily. 
   He takes a heavy breath. “Look, Lips. This is something new for me too, remember. We’ll just have to make up the rules as we go along.” 
   My eyes tighten as I assess the situation. I still don’t understand this purity quest he’s on, but what the hell. If some stupid bet is going to be all it takes to get this guy into bed, I’m game. It’ll almost be a novelty, having to work that hard to get a guy to sleep with me. Men are so easy. 
   Well, normally, anyway.  

About T. Torrest:

T Torrest T. Torrest is a New Adult fiction writer from the U.S. She has written many books, but prays that only a handful of them will ever see the light of day. Her stories are geared toward readers of any age that know how to enjoy a good laugh and a dreamy romance. Ms. Torrest was a child of the eighties, but has since traded in her Rubik's cube for a laptop and her Catholic school uniform for a comfy pair of yoga pants. She likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. She's not much into health food, but she does enjoy talking about herself in the third person. A lifelong Jersey girl, she currently resides there with her husband and two sons.

Find T. Torrest Online:
Logo2.png
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

About