Monday, August 25, 2014

Author Spotlight and Interview: Meghan Quinn and her Hot-Lanta Series

I recently had the pleasure of reading and reviewing the first three books in Meghan's Hot-Lanta Series.  It's a contemporary romance series that features hot Atlanta Braves baseball players and the women in their lives.  Read on to find out more about Meghan and what she had to say about her books.

Hi Meghan, 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.  I've really enjoyed reading your Hot-Lanta series. Let's get right into it.

1. How do you decide which characters are going to be part of each book?

Man, start the interview out with a hard one :). Hmm, well, I have quite a few open storylines so when writing, I know I have to wrap those up and I love introducing everyone to new characters which I try to do in each book. Like in Playing the Field (second book) you learned about Marc and Patty but they take a back seat in the third book where Lucy, Connor and Austin become a more integral part of the story. Jane, Brady and Molly will always have some kind of storyline in the books because they are the original main characters but its fun to filter in new ones. Characters that still need their story told…well, you have Michal and Albert and now Nash. I have a lot more to go and I’m very excited to continue their stories.

2. How many books do you have planned out for the Hot-lanta Series?
I get this question a lot and to be honest, I’m not quite sure. I want to say between 6-9. I have so many other characters that have not even been mentioned yet and there are so many open storylines and wonderfully fantastic twists and turns I have to write that I need more time…more books!

3. Each book is packed with so many twists and I never see many of them coming, do you plan them out or do the characters direct their own moves and surprise you too?
So, I am what they call a pantser. No, I don’t go around pantsing people, although, that sounds like a good time. A pantser, in the writing world, is someone who has a general idea of what is going to happen but kind of goes along for the ride. I never know what is truly going to happen because the characters kind of make their own destiny. One minute a couple will be hanging out eating sandwiches and all of a sudden, pants are flying off, boobies are jutting in the air and they are getting it on like rabid beasts. I never expect it to happen, it just does. The worst part about being a pantser is that I find myself digging my way out of a lot of holes I put myself in. I can’t say specifics because that will give away some spoilers but, I finished Warning Track and thought, “What the hell am I going to do now?” We will just have to wait and see what the characters have in mind.

4.  Why did you choose the Atlanta Braves as the town and team for your setting?  Do you have a personal connection with either?
Great question, honestly, I have zero personal connection with the Braves. If I was smart, I would have gone with the Yankees because that is my team but I thought it might have been a little cliché given the fact that the Yankees are awesome, so, instead, I chose the Braves. I liked the idea of having the book centered around an urban city that was known for its hotness and can be iconic at times. I wanted to play off of that and…little fun fact, at the time when I was writing the first book, Caught Looking, I was in the midst of thinking about moving down to Atlanta but wound up in Colorado instead. So, I did so much research on Atlanta that I felt comfortable writing about the city and basing a series off of it. Nothing beats Hot-Lanta!

5.  Who is your current baseball player crush?
That would currently have to be Giancarlo Stanton. I was watching the Homerun Derby and he stepped up to the plate with his tailored jersey and man muscles and I thought, umm….he is nice to look at. So he would have to be my main man right now. Others on my list that CANNOT be forgotten are Derek Jeter (duh), Mark Texieria (love), and Bryce Harper (yummy).
I agree, he's yummy!

Don't forget to check out the books!  If you click on the cover, it'll take you to my review and the purchase links! And remember, they need to be read in order!

Book 1



Book 2

Warning-Track Cover
Book 3




About Meghan
When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn’t take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, besides “The Notebook” I made time to read the heartbreaking novel.

It wasn’t until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books, I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven’t turned back since.

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.
​I am currently residing in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.

Social Media links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

About