Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Rating: ★★★★★ stars
Date published: August 13th, 2013
Synopsis: The first night after Caroline moves into her fantastic new San Francisco apartment, she realizes she's gaining an intimate knowledge of her new neighbor's nocturnal adventures. Thanks to paper-thin walls and the guy's athletic prowess, she can hear not just his bed banging against the wall but the ecstatic response of what seems (as loud night after loud night goes by) like an endless parade of women. And since Caroline is currently on a self-imposed dating hiatus, and her neighbor is clearly lethally attractive to women, she finds her fantasies keep her awake even longer than the noise. So when the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts Simon Parker, her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. The tension between them is as thick as the walls are thin, and the results just as mixed. Suddenly, Caroline is finding she may have discovered a whole new definition of neighborly...


In a delicious mix of silly and steamy, Alice Clayton dishes out a hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight...






What I Thought:

I love to laugh.  I absolutely love it when a book makes me smile and I absolutely freaking love it when a book can make my cheeks hurt.  As you can tell, humor is very important to me.  So when the book started off with a "OH, GOD. Thump," I knew it was going to be interesting, if not good. The book progressively continued to get better from those first initial lines.  

It's hard to pinpoint what it was about this book that made it so good.  I loved the dialogues of all the characters.  Granted Simon and Caroline had some witty banter, but the text messages between the girls and the guys were great too.  Then there's the story it self.  I can't remember a better first meeting of two principal characters. It's not lust/love at first sight, it's something totally different. The synopsis says it perfectly when it calls Wallbanger a "tale of exasperation at first sight."  Another great thing about this book was the was the chemistry.  Usually there's heat and then eventually there is consummation.  This book had some serious foreplay.  I mean I was literally fanning myself and yelling at Simon and Caroline to do it already!  Plus I don't think I've ever read as baked goods used as tools of seduction and foreplay.  I'll never look at an apple pie or loaf of zucchini bread the same way again.

And how can I leave Clive out?  I'm an animal lover but have always been partial to dogs.  Clive may have changed my stance on cats.  I mean how often do you have a cat whose escapades provide much of the humor in the book?  I will admit that the "Purina" episodes were some of my favorites after the ones with the baked goods.  I'm sure you're wondering baked goods, Purina, and Clive?  What is going on in this book?  If you're curiosity is piqued, please run and get this book.  It's hilarious, hot, sweet, and oh so funny.  Yes I had to emphasize how much I laughed twice.  You'll be glued to the pages just as I was.  Plus this is just the first book in a series whose second book will be coming out in June.  

I've fallen in love with more than just Clive, Simon, and Caroline.  I've fallen for Alice Clayton's humorous writing.  That woman is amazing and I'd love to be a fly on her wall or have direct access to her thoughts. You'll either love her or hate her, but you'll laugh like crazy while reading her books.  

*Thank you to the publisher for a copy. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for them in any manner.*



To buy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

About