Friday, March 7, 2014

Review: Naked Edge by Charli Webb


Rating: ★★★★ stars
Date published: January 9th, 2014
Synopsis:The first time Skylar and Rowdy give themselves to each other completely—heart, mind, body and soul—is also the night Skylar disappears without a trace. Rowdy promised to love her forever. But forever is a long time when you’re only seventeen.

After years of waiting, Rowdy gives up on Skylar and tries to purge her memory with cheap tequila and one night stands.

When Skylar finally returns, Rowdy is no longer the shy, sweet boy she fell in love with. He’s a gorgeous, hard-bodied, paramedic and an expert in just about every type of mountain wilderness rescue.

He’s also bitter, angry and determined to protect what remains of his shattered heart. Skylar’s determined to reclaim it, but first she has to put it back together.

What I Thought:


First of all I'd like to than the author for gifting me a copy to read for an honest review. I initially thought I'd read a chapter before going to bed at 11:30 last night. The next thing I know it's 1:30 in the morning and I'm finishing the book.

I've never read anything by Charli Webb before and I liked the first 60% of the book. I was reading quickly and really rooting for Skylar and Rowdy. Both of them had experienced a lot in their years apart. It wasn't until there was a turn of events that made me feel as if the last 40% was drawn out. 

I was left with some questions especially how it was Skylar was struggling so much when she was wealthy before she left town and why Boone allowed himself to be blackmailed. I read that this is the first book featuring Skylar and Rowdy as well as their friends, so perhaps I'll find out the answer to that question and others in subsequent books.




Purchase links:



*Copy given by the author to review*

2 comments:

  1. Happy you liked it and I hope you get your questions answered next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just don't like waiting for sequels. Waiting patiently is not a strength of mine.

      Delete

 

Blogger news

About